In recent years we have seen many new releases of the US halftrack in all scales by different manufacturers. It is now time to crack open those boxes and get started. Of course, the campaign is also open to any of the older kits.
The goal of this campaign is to build any variant of a US Halftrack in any scale serving with any nation at any time. Possibilities are almost endless with basic infantry carriers, AA vehicles, SP guns, mortar carriers, artillery vehicles, ATGM-carriers, ambulances, etc. For good measure the M2/M3 Scout Car is also included as the "father" of the halftrack.
The Rules and Regs
- Any type or variant of US halftrack...
- or the M2A1, M3 or M3A1 Scout Car...
- in service with any nation...
- at any time.
- Any scale.
- Any manufacturer.
- Dioramas allowed and encouraged
- Build to be started after campaign start date and ended before campaign end date. For possible exceptions contact campaign leader.
- Campaign starts June 1st 2012 and ends Dec. 31st 2012 (7 months).
- Picture of the unstarted kit to be posted in the campaign thread before starting the build.
- At least one in progress picture to be posted in the campaign thread.
- At least one final picture to be uploaded to the official campaign gallery and posted in the campaign thread.
- Discussions and build logs within the campaign thread are highly encouraged, as this is what makes all the fun.
- A fine ribbon will be awarded to those who finish at least one build (multiple builds are encouraged but only one ribbon will be awarded).
- All finished builds will be included in a feature article about the campaign.