Thursday, November 19, 2015 - 02:42 AM GMT+7
Hataka Hobby have sent us details of their latest aircraft paint set. The eight acrylic paints cover many classic VVS schemes for the early to mid period of the war on the Eastern Front, including temporary winter finishes.
HTK-AS33 "Early WW2 Soviet Air Force paint set"
From 1937 Soviet planes wore either overall Aluminium or AE-9 Light Grey coat (depending on type of material), eventually A II Green over Aluminium / Light Grey camouflage scheme. From June 1940 all combat planes started to conform to green (A II Green or A-19f for metal planes) over light blue (A II Light Blue or A-18f) scheme. Then in June 1941 re-painting of all planes was ordered to a standard comprising of AMT-4 / AMT-6 (or their oil equivalents of A-24m / A-26m) over matt greyish blue (presumably AMT-7 for mixed construction planes and A-28m for all-metal ones).
HTK-AS33 contains a careful selection of colours required for modeling of Soviet planes used from 1937 till 1943. The set contains:
• HTK-A078 - Aluminium - Used from 1937 till June 1940 for fabric / wooden surfaces of Soviet planes, incl. I-153 and UT-1..2. Also on undersides of I-15bis and I-16
• HTK-A127 - AE-9 Light Grey - Used from 1937 till June 1940 for metal surfaces of Soviet planes, incl. most of SBs, I-15bis, I-153 and I-16. Also on undersides (with A II Green on upper sides)
• HTK-A128 - A II Green (Protective) - Used from late 1937 till July 1941 for upper surfaces of Soviet attack planes, including I-15bis, I-16, I-153, MiG-1, early MiG-3 and Yak-2/4
• HTK-A129 - A II Light Blue - Used for lower surfaces of Soviet mixed construction planes produced between June 1940 and July 1941. Later used parallel to AMT-7
• HTK-A072 - AMT-7 Greyish Blue - Used for lower surfaces in 1941-43 green-black scheme of Soviet attack planes (incl. Il-2, Pe-2, Pe-8, Il-4, Yak-1/7/9, LaGG-3 and La-5)
• HTK-A073 - AMT-4 Camouflage Green - Used for upper surfaces in 1941-43 green-black scheme of Soviet attack planes (incl. Il-2, Pe-2, Pe-8, Il-4, Yak-1/7/9, LaGG-3 and La-5)
• HTK-A041 - Night Black - AMT-6. Used for upper surfaces in 1941-43 green-black scheme of Soviet attack planes (incl. Il-2, Pe-2, Il-4, Yak-1/7/9, LaGG-3 and La-5)
• HTK-A153 - MK-7 Temporary White - Washable matt paint dedicated to UV-undistinguishable camouflage of Soviet planes in winter conditions. In common use from late 1941
Please remember, when contacting retailers or manufacturers, to mention that you saw their products highlighted here - on AEROSCALE.
THIS STORY HAS BEEN READ 2,506 TIMES.