I got a bit distracted by trying to work on three models at once (a little time on each means not a lot to show for my efforts on any of them!
But at least they're progressing.
I did start to have a play with some Alclad on the engine, though:
I used a basic coat of Aluminium and Airframe Aluminium (slightly darker), and then used some Gun Metal and Jet Exhaust to give a bit of "heat treatment" to the jet pipe.
I'll work on the engine accessories tomorrow - but, as I say, it'll all be hidden, so I won't go overboard.
Well, I say hidden, but one reason for the number of fuselage parts is that the tail section is clearly designed to be removable - although the instructions don't indicate that. (They also forgot to show the matching part to fit in the main section.)
To be honest, I probably won't bother with the removable section. All the engine detail's up front where you can't see it, and you'd need to add a lot of internal structure and fittings for the fuselage interior to be very believable.
A sneak preview of things to come... messing about with the cockpit, I can't avoid the growing suspicion that the ejector seat is quite undersized.
All the best