The last installment of the video series is here:
After more than two hours decal session, I managed to get the things done. The decals are very thin and excess care is needed. They're setting very nicely just with water. The colors are good without unwanted transparency. Unfortunately, the Michael's Cross is a little off register. Hopefully the surrounding white will be less visible after weathering.
Word of advice: don't keep the decals more than 30 seconds in water (room temperature, in my case = 30C), otherwise they have a tendency to curl and to stick to themselves. The stencils are particularly prone to tear. Note on stencils: they are in Romanian and actually can be read, so they cannot be used for the German variant of the aircraft.
The colors are also slightly off, specially the blue, but I'm not going to dwell into it, because Michael's Cross is unmistakable and I don't think anybody can take it for Belgian.
Conclusion to this step: I'm glad I managed to completely avoid the looming disaster due decals' fragility. I'm pleased with the result. The model looks colorful and cheery, despite the grey overall scheme. A little bit too cheery for now, but the next steps will take care of it.
Thank you for following,
Hope You find a cure for the canopy!
Your 112 has come up very nice and colourful. I enjoyed your build log and took note of your warning about the decals. Cheers Phil.