I did up two of the doors (not much work really
), one ended up on this one and the other ended up on my earlier build
. And now the antenna post is in place once again as well...
I think I managed to get the desert look just about right on this one: it looks like it has been living in a fairly dusty place
I never got along with the pigments for the wheels, it ended up with Tamiya "buff" from the airbrush!
This is part of my ongoing project, aiming to become a better human being: no more cheating with lower surfaces! Photo included as a proof my advancement!
Another thing I have been curious about was how my old build
of the latest (like 2008 vintage or so) Airfix Spit IX holds up against the Eduard kit. The Airfix is a Mk IX but they should look very similar, especially since they are done in the same camo:
Not too bad but there is something a bit too sleek about that Airfix kit, it lacks the definition of the shapes that the Eduard kit has. And that Airfix windscreen doesn't look right. Price-wise the Eduard weekend-kits can be had for just a little more than the Airfix kit so I would go for the Eduards any day!
So, time to retire the avatar and move my newest addition to my Spitfire family tree to the collection
Note that I've finished six models this year, finally reaching my stipulated minimum!