Alright, finally some progress to show!
Got a bit distracted by a rather uncommon heat wave over here. ...and one 1:48 scale Bf 110 as well.
Cockpit components more or less ready for painting. Modifications done:
- Slot cut in cockpit rear bulkhead/armor plate for the shoulder belts.
- Removed the fictitious molded-in rudder pedals from the cockpit floor; to be replaced with some PE pedals from P-36 detail set.
- Piece of L-profile styrene rod glued to the lower instrument panel mount to ease attaching said panel.
I'll still have to see what to do about the control stick, it's mounting method and final position doesn't look quite correct straight from the box to me.
Some detailing done to the cockpit sidewalls:
- PE adjustment wheels taken from an AML Bf 109 kit.
- Added some details to the fuel lines running along the cockpit sidewalls.
- Scratchbuilt a cockpit light to the left side. I also made one for the right side, but it wouldn't have fit between the instrument panel and a small 2-gauge panel on the sidewall, so I decided to leave it off. (as making it fit would have required revamping all the sidewall details, which I'm not
feeling like doing for such a rather small detail)
Once I get the control stick issue sorted out I can start priming the interior parts.