login   |    register
Armor/AFV: Modern Armor
Modern armor in general.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Revell 1/35 TPz Fuchs San
PeterMax
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Bayern, Germany
Joined: March 25, 2019
KitMaker: 53 posts
AeroScale: 0 posts
Posted: Sunday, April 05, 2020 - 03:41 AM UTC
Because of the Corona pandemic and the shut down here, I was “forced” to clean up my basement. There I found a big carton filled with unfinished models. After a short overview, I immediately decided to stop cleaning and start working on these models.

Here comes a TPz-1 SAN 1A4
The model is from Revel, the famous “Fuchs”. I started the building about 7 or 8 years ago, lost interest and it went into this mentioned box, later accompanied by another on.

Most of it was already done, so basically I just had to paint it.

It may be of interest that I cut out the side windows of the driver compartment and the one in the back door. I also added the back wall of the driver compartment, put two soldiers inside, to make it look a bit crowded and secured them with seat belts.
The covers of the windows were made out of plastic card, using the drawings in the Tankograd Magazin no. 5051 as template.

There is still something to do; all the tools have to be glued on and of course the weathering.

Hope you enjoy it!!!














Peter
m75
_VISITCOMMUNITY
California, United States
Joined: July 20, 2002
KitMaker: 646 posts
AeroScale: 0 posts
Posted: Sunday, April 05, 2020 - 05:38 AM UTC
Well, since I'm wrapping up the current projects, now I'll have to dig my troop carrier version of the Fuchs out and finish it.
PeterMax
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Bayern, Germany
Joined: March 25, 2019
KitMaker: 53 posts
AeroScale: 0 posts
Posted: Sunday, April 05, 2020 - 05:41 AM UTC
Go for it!!!!!!
PeterMax
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Bayern, Germany
Joined: March 25, 2019
KitMaker: 53 posts
AeroScale: 0 posts
Posted: Sunday, April 12, 2020 - 01:39 AM UTC
So, during the week I found some time for working on the Fuchs ambulance vehicle. This time I tried to do the weathering exclusively with acrylic products plus some pigments, scraped from artist soft pastels.
The “mud” in the wheel arches and on the wheels was done by Citadel technical Armageddon dunes paint. I also used this, just diluted with some more water, to create the splashes on the parts right behind the wheels.

The lower front of the vehicle was treated with different pigments, blended together with a brush and afterwards lightly splashed with the diluted “mud”… Same thing on the rear of the vehicle, but with much more splashes.

On the upper side parts and the roof, I tried to do the weathering just with my normal “Revell Aqua Color” colors instead of oil colors. This was only partially successful. For the flanks of the vehicle it worked fine and I will do this again, also for the roof itself, but the pin wash didn’t really work. You can see this on the last pictures. So for the next one I’ll do the pin wash with the unloved oil colors. For the rest, the acrylic colors will be my favorite.














Peter