1⁄35Distraction: Greta's Revenge
Debris was made with scratch parts of the blue foam. I
put them on logic places when a building is collapsed. Against the walls,
against the sidewalk, places like that. From the same scrap material I cut
out some strips and made a supply of loose bricks to lie around on the
debris. Now that the debris had its form itís time to cover it up with wall
spackle. While the wall spackle is still wet sprinkle some sand on it and
stick some wood into the rubble. Also put in the loose bricks in the still
wet wall spackle. Allow it to dry (Fig.21,22).
Now itís time to give the wall rubble some color. First I painted everything
(the groundwork) in Khaki drill. Where the bricks lay on top of the debris I
painted them in the same colors as I did on the bricks in the wall (see 7.
painting the bricks) (fig. 23) where the cobblestone road is visible through
the rubble I gave the road a dry brush with German grey. Leaving the Khaki
visible between the cobblestones to give the impression that itís dust from
the collapsed building (Fig.24).
I have three propaganda posters on the walls of my
building all of them were found on the internet. There are a couple of good
sites that have good pictures of propaganda posters from all eras. Just
scale them down. Print them on normal paper. Cut them out and with a dot of
white glue stick to your building. Fold the edges a little bit for the
effect that the posters come loose a bit. Or tear it into two parts like
someone ripped it apart.
The wallpaper (fig.25) was also found on the internet; a fellow modeler came
up with a link with all minis printable for dollhouses. There they had a
section of wallpaper that I copied and pasted in Photoshop until I had A4
full wallpaper. Printed it out on normal paper. Glued the whole section in
my ruin. And when it was dry I tore it of at the edges to get the ripped
wallpaper effect. The Russian street sign was made by me also. On Armorama I
asked in the forum to a Russian modeler if he knew what they looked like and
he mailed me a couple of pictures of Russian street signs during WW2 and a
file that contained a couple of very common street names in Russia. I made
the street sign in Photoshop. And printed it out on glossy paper cut it out
bended it a couple of times and put it aside till the dio was finished and I
could put on the snow.
Copyright ©2020 by Robert Blokker. Images also by copyright holder unless otherwise noted. The views and opinions expressed herein are solely the views and opinions of the authors and/or contributors to this Web site and do not necessarily represent the views and/or opinions of AeroScale, KitMaker Network, or Silver Star Enterrpises. Images also by copyright holder unless otherwise noted. Opinions expressed are those of the author(s) and not necessarily those of AeroScale. All rights reserved. Originally published on: 2003-02-13 00:00:00. Unique Reads: 31987