Kit by AFVClub (AF35130). Assembly was quite easy (excepting the lights); I followed the instruction step by step. The LEDs are of 0603 series with a measure of 0,8mm x 1,2 mm. I chose 'warn white' with a voltage of 3,2 V. As I had decided to use 12V-batteries as source of energy, I had to use resistors of 470 Ohm. Mirrors by Echelon which are really their money worth. For painting I took Tamiya-Colors:
- The priming coat is Light Grey.
- Thin pre-shadings with Black-Green and Dark-Green.
- The main color consists of Nato-Green, Partially highlighted with Flat White, Black- and Dark-Green and Flat Green too.
- Filtered with high-thinned Flat Blue and Flat Red approximately 90:10 (in fact coloured thinner).
- Dry brushed with Buff.
- Weathered with Buff, Flat Earth and Desert Yellow as base coats for mixed MIG-pigments Light Dust, White Ashes and Europe Dust.
- The periscopes were painted with a mixture of Clear Blue and Clear Red.
- To simulate some more reflections I applied thinned X-22 (clear) with a drop of Gold Leaf (X-12).
Copyright ©2020 by Marco Sari. Images also by copyright holder unless otherwise noted. The views and opinions expressed herein are solely the views and opinions of the authors and/or contributors to this Web site and do not necessarily represent the views and/or opinions of AeroScale, KitMaker Network, or Silver Star Enterrpises. Images also by copyright holder unless otherwise noted. Opinions expressed are those of the author(s) and not necessarily those of AeroScale. All rights reserved. Originally published on: 2008-07-03 00:00:00. Unique Reads: 13915